We finish our SPANNING THE SPECTRUM sexuality series by learning more of Tom’s story as Erin returns to take over hosting duties! Tom shares a new term he’s still feeling out for himself: androsexual, or an attraction to masculinity. He shares about his attraction for mostly straight men, going all the way back to another boy in first grade. He also discusses being on the asexual spectrum and the shame of “missing out” on such a significant part of the human experience. To close this episode, Tom and Erin look back on the previous 9 episodes of this series, giving love to all our wonderful contributors!
LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Tom’s first book, Struggle Central: Quarter-Life Confessions of a Messed Up Christian
- YOB ConvoCast 063: Matt is Gay and Christian, But Not a Gay Christian
- YOB ConvoCast 064: Marshall Prefers Not to Sexually Identify as Anything
- YOB ConvoCast 065: Alex Explains His Two-Way Tension as a Bisexual Christian
- YOB ConvoCast 066: Ben is Queer in a “Mixed-Orientation Marriage”?
- YOB ConvoCast 067: Adam is Cross-Oriented, a Heteroromantic Homosexual
- YOB ConvoCast 068: Keegan Sees the Beauty Beyond One Type of Person as a Bisexual
- YOB ConvoCast 069: Jesse Falls Under the Asexual Umbrella as Demisexual
- YOB ConvoCast 070: Matthew Finally Comes Out as a Plain Old Gay
- YOB ConvoCast 071: Erin Resonates with Queer Culture and Pansexuality
COMMENT ON THIS EPISODE
How do you feel about this term, “androsexual”? What episode or story resonated most with you in this series? Did you learn anything new about sexuality?